Following the BOINC community tradition, we provide "credits" : see the "state of the art" in the menu dedicated to our volunteers. Some give a lot for a while, some stay for long... We are providing badges for each type of contribution. Each of them tells a story about the Standard Model :
"TOP" volunteers are people who belong - for a while - to the "N % contributing most to the RAC" (Recent Average Credit). What better can we offer than... the top QUARK ?
- the 90% most contributing volunteers get : DOWN quark, bronze badge
- 75% : UP quark, silver badge
- 50% : STRANGE quark, gold badge
- 25% : CHARM quark, ruby badge
- 10% : BOTTOM quark, emerald badge
- the very 1% best contributors get a TOP quark, sapphire badge !
Faithful volunteers are on the contrary rewarded for their perseverance. They will first follow day by day the steps of the discovery of each LEPTON, spread in reality over the XXth century.
- 1 day : the electron (1897), bronze badge
- 14 days : the e neutrino (inferred in 1930, observed in 1956), silver badge
- 30 days : the muon (1937), gold badge
- 45 days : the mu neutrino (1962), ruby badge
- 90 days : the tau (1975), emerald badge
- 180 days : the tau neutrino (2000), sapphire badge
Years of involvement ? here are the vector BOSONS, messengers of the forces, and the Higgs, discovered in 2012
- 1 year : the gluon, bronze badge
- 2 years : the photon, silver badge
- 3 years : the Z, gold badge
- 4 years : the W, ruby badge
- 5 years : the H, emerald badge
What about rewarding the total CREDITS ? These will get you through the ATLAS subsystems Often compared to a russian doll, ATLAS main components are identified in this introductory video... which dates back to the beginning of run 1, and thus lacks two major players : the Higgs boson, and our brand new innermost subsystem, the IBL
- 10.000 : the IBL, bronze badge
- 50.000 : the Pixels, silver badge
- 100.000 : the TRT, gold badge
- 500.000 : the electromagnetic calorimeter, ruby badge
- 1.000.000 : the hadronic calorimeter, emerald badge
- 5.000.000 : the Muon spectrometer, sapphire
- and in future the trigger system, the ATLAS cavern (featured in the second part of the introductory video), the Computing Center, the Pays de Gex, member states, the earth ... why not, who knows how far you will go ?