We are happy to announce that the first bunch of Working Units (WU) is available : you will be simulating supersymmetric events, a hot topic for the ATLAS physics program at the LCH RUN-2 . The CERN physics program presents it, but it may be easier to start with short video introductions on What is supersymmetry ? Why supersymmetry ? How does it relate with the Higgs boson ?
Susy has been searched for for years, ATLAS blog entry gives a flavor on the ATLAS people view on topic, a well as videos of CERN people speaking about it. With a higher LHC beam energy, the hunt will start again in 2015.
Other links :
- Encouraging statements in John Ellis talks about SUSY
- The "Explained in 60 seconds" series of the Symmetry magazine: http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/march-2005/explain-it-in-60-seconds
- Hangouts with CERN : All about SUSY
- An ATLAS blogger wonders So, where is all the Susy ?, another replies let’s keep planning in order to answer those questions
- Summer conferences 2014 : an ATLAS briefing reports about the hunt for the supersymmetric partner of the top quark and concludes : "With higher collision energy expected in the LHC’s next run, the chances of observing a possible top squark increases. The hunt for the stop [supersymmetric partner of the top quark] is not over yet."
STATUS : FINISHED, THANKS !